Our client with its operations in Central America is looking for a young and dynamic mining professional to form part of their mining optimization team. The position involves evaluating current standard practices at the operations as part of a team of professionals to investigate & implement methods to improve productivity, costs & safety on the mine. It would also involve a degree of mine planning as part of the team to optimize production.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish (desirable but not essential). A willingness to learn Spanish in a period of 5 months.
• Bsc. Mining Engineering Degree/Equivalent.
• Exp in an underground trackless mining production environment and Base Metals.
• Previous exp in mine planning, mining optimization and advising and assisting the mining production and engineering teams
• Hands on exp and taking this attribute into the new role
• Ability to work well within a team of professionals in order to achieve the objectives set out to increase production, trackless equipment availability and turnaround time as well as costs and safety.
• Fit and healthy in order to cope with demanding underground visits.
• This position is not an “office position” The main objectives would be to be underground and to add value to the production teams.
• Salary up to USD120K per annum (taxable)
• Six day working week.